邀请道别
01 do you have any plans for this evening?
你今晚有安排吗?
常用单词
plan [pl?n] n. 计划,打算
evening ['i:vn??] n. 傍晚,黄昏
学学这样说
1. are you free this weekend? 这个周末你有空吗?
2. how about having dinner together? 一起吃饭好吗?
3. are you busy this afternoon? 今天下午你忙吗?
4. how about having dinner with me? 和我一起吃晚饭,好吗?
5. do you feel like going to that new restaurant this evening?
今天晚上你愿意去那个新开的饭店吃饭吗?
6. would you like to climb with us? 你要不要跟我们一起去爬山?
应用对话
steven: hello, tom! do you have any plans for this evening?
tom: nothing special.
史蒂文:你好,汤姆。你今晚有安排吗?
汤姆:没有什么特别的安排。
02 we would like to invite you to the ceremony.
我们想邀请你参加典礼。
常用单词
invite [?n'va?t] v. 邀请,请求,招致
ceremony ['ser?m?n?] n. 典礼,礼仪
学学这样说
1. let's go out for a drink. 我们出去喝一杯吧。
2. we'd like to share the table with you. 我们想和你一起吃饭。
3. you must join us for supper. 你一定要和我们一起吃晚饭。
4. i've invited the smiths for drinks next friday.
我已邀请史密斯一家下周五来家中小酌。
03 we should be so honored if you could come.
如蒙光临,不胜荣幸。
语法tips
该句使用了虚拟语气,条件从句与主句中的谓语动词都可以用would/should/could+动词原形。
学学这样说
1. i hope you can come. 我希望你能来。
2. i am wondering if you would like to come over for lunch tomorrow.
我想知道你明天是否愿意过来共进午餐。
3. we invite our family and friends to our house. 我们邀请家人和朋友来我们家。
4. i should be honored if you were able to come to the banquet.
如果你能参加这个宴会,我将倍感荣幸。
补充短语
come over for 去参加……
04 how about a rain check?
下次怎么样?
语法tips
rain check出自网球比赛,意为“改日,延期”。在以前的时候,遇到下雨,网球比赛会被中断,买票的观众凭票换取一张rain check,凭借此票,他们可以在以后看一场和该场比赛相同级别的比赛。
学学这样说
1. no, nothing special. 没有,没有什么特别的。
2. i am sorry, but i have to work. 抱歉,我得工作。
3. sorry, i'm tied up. 真对不起,我另有安排。
4. let's do it another time. 我们再找时间吧。
5. some other time. 再找其他时间吧。
补充短语
be tied up 很忙
another time 另一次
05 i would love to. and when?
非常愿意。什么时候?
语法tips
此句是一个省略句,love to后面省略了动词。
学学这样说
1. sounds great! 太好了!
2. i appreciate your invitation. 感谢你的邀请。
3. they are very delighted to accept the invitation. 他们非常乐意接受邀请。
4. it is a great honor to be invited to dinner. 能被邀请参加晚宴是很大的荣幸。
应用对话
steven: how about having dinner with me?
tom: that's great. i would love to. and when?
史蒂文:和我一起吃晚饭如何?
汤姆:好极了,我非常愿意。什么时候?
06 i was hesitant about accepting the invitation.
我对是否接受邀请犹豫不决。
解析 ▲ be hesitant about意思是“对……犹豫不决”,其中的about是介词,后面跟名词、代词或者v-ing形式。
学学这样说
1. we decided not to accept the invitation. 我们决定不接受邀请。
2. i hesitated about whether to accept the invitation. 我对是否接受邀请犹豫不决。
3. she jumped at the invitation to go swimming with her sister.
她欣然接受邀请,跟姐姐一起去游泳。
4. thanks for your invitation, but i already made plans.
谢谢你的邀请,可是我有别的安排。
补充短语
go swimming with 和……一起去游泳
07 let's fix a time for meeting.
让我们约个时间见面吧。
解析 ▲ fix a time for是一个动词词组,意思是“约定时间……”。其中的for是介词,后面通常跟表示活动、安排、约会、典礼等的名词或者代词。
学学这样说
1. can i make an appointment with you? 我可以定一个时间和你见面吗?
2. where shall i meet you? 我们在哪儿见面?
3. where shall we meet? 我们在哪儿见面?
4. shall we make a date to have lunch together? 我们约个时间一起吃午饭好吗?
08 i have arranged to meet her at ten o'clock.
我已安排了在10点钟见她。
语法tips
o'clock是of the clock的缩写,通常用在表示整点的数字后面。关于o'clock,常用的习语有find what o'clock it is(摸清情况,了解真相)。
学学这样说
1. shall i come to pick you up? 要我开车去接你吗?
2. i've arranged a car to pick them up at the station. 我已安排了一辆汽车去车站接他们。
3. i have arranged one of my staff to meet you at the airport.
我已经安排了一名员工到机场接你。
4. i was expecting him here at five. 我和他约好了5点在这儿见面的。
随机测验
i will ask my brother to pick up you_____6:30.
a. in b. at c. on d. by
翻译
我会让我弟弟在6点半接你。
答案:b
提示:在具体的时间前,用介词at。
09 i come to say goodbye to you, for i'm going back to london.
我是来向你道别的,因为我就要回伦敦了。
常用单词
goodbye ['g?d'ba?] n. 再见
学学这样说
1. say goodbye! 说再见吧!
2. i'd like to say goodbye to you all. 我想向你们大家告别。
3. say goodbye to mary for me. 代我向玛丽说声再见。
4. we waved them goodbye. 我们向他们挥手道别。
应用对话
steven: hello, hanson. i come to say goodbye to you, for i'm going back tolondon tomorrow.
hanson: no. couldn't i persuade you to stay a couple of days more?
史蒂文:你好,汉森。我是来向你道别的,因为我明天就要回伦敦了。
汉森:不是这么快吧。我难道不能说服你多留几天吗?
10 my friend gave me his picture as a memento before our departure.
我的朋友在离别前给了我一张照片留作纪念。
语法tips
give sb sth as...意思是“把……作为……送给某人”,其中的give是及物动词,后面可以跟双宾语。
学学这样说
1. we've decided to have a farewell party before we leave school.
我们决定在离开学校前举行一个告别晚会。
2. the two friends said goodbye and went to their respective homes.
两个朋友道别后就各自回家了。
3. she left him after a very nice farewell. 一番非常美好的告别之后,她离开了他。
4. would you like to give her a farewell party? 你要不要为她举行一个欢送会?
补充短语
say goodbye to 向……告别
a farewell party 欢送会
11 it's not easy to part with one's children.
同自己的子女分离是不容易的。
解析 ▲ part with是动词词组,表示“与……分别”。其中的with是介词,后面跟表示人的名词或者代词。
语法tips
it's not easy to do sth表示“做某事不容易”,相当于it's hard to do sth。
学学这样说
1. i meant to leave quietly, but your kindness made the parting doubly hard.
我本想悄悄离去,可你的善意却使分别更加困难了。
2. as far as i remember, that was our last meeting.
在我的记忆里,那就是我们最后一次见面了。
3. they said goodbye, not knowing that they were never to meet again.
他们互相道别,当时并不知道他们永远不会再见。
12 taking french leave is not my style.
不辞而别不是我的风格。
语法tips
take french leave源自十八世纪的法国习俗,参加宴会的客人不对主人说一声就自行离去。不过法语中也有“英国式的悄悄离去”的说法。
学学这样说
1. i never got the chance to say bye. 我连道别的机会都未曾有过。
2. how could you leave without saying goodbye? 你怎能不辞而别?
3. could you please give me a reason why you left without a word?
请给我解释一下你不辞而别的理由好吗?
4. if i were you, i wouldn't go without saying goodbye. 如果我是你,我不会不道别就走。
补充短语
leave without a word 不辞而别
go without saying goodbye 不辞而别
13 it's a pity that i'm too busy to see you off tomorrow.
很遗憾我明天太忙,无法给你送行。
常用单词
pity ['p?t?] n. 遗憾,可惜
学学这样说
1. we all went to the airport to see her off. 我们都去机场为她送行了。
2. she sent him off in high spirits. 她兴高采烈地为他送行。
3. please give my best regards to your sister. 请向你的姐姐转达我的问候。
4. take care of yourself and don't forget to keep in touch.
自己保重,不要忘了常联系。
应用对话
hanson: it's a pity that i'm too busy to see you off tomorrow.
steven: it doesn't matter.
汉森:很遗憾我明天太忙,无法给你送行。
史蒂文:没关系。
14 take care of your body.
保重身体。
解析 ▲ take care of是一个动词词组,表示“注意,保重”。of是介词,后面跟名词或者代词。
学学这样说
1. take care! 保重!
2. i wish you a very good journey. 祝你一路顺风。
3. see you later. 回头见。
4. see you tomorrow. 明天见。
5. i will miss you. 我会想你的。
6. goodbye and have a good flight. 再见,祝你一路顺风。
应用对话
hanson: goodbye and have a good flight.
steven: thank you. goodbye!
汉森:再见,祝你一路顺风。
史蒂文:谢谢你,再见!